2019 Resolutions to Help You Achieve and Succeed
By Cecelia Bocker
Everyone knows about the typical New Year’s Resolutions...eat healthy, go to the gym, save money, etc., but have you stopped to think about resolutions for your professional life? We know it might sound strange, but hear us out!
Usually resolutions don’t work out because the bar is set too high, we don’t have time to fully commit to the goal, or we prioritize other things. However, a resolution that can help facilitate your career goals or improve your time management skills, should be something you can focus on and achieve. These resolutions can even be small things that make a huge difference in the long run.
We’ve listed a few office and career related resolutions for you to try out.
Make 2019 your most successful year yet!
- Reach out to clients and prospects instead of waiting for them to reach out to you. Take the initiative if you have the opportunity, we guarantee it will almost always pay off in one way or another.
- Talk to one new or different person in your office every week. Not only is this a nice thing to do and a great way to get to know your coworkers, but it builds your professional character and helps you network. You never know who knows someone that could help you down the line.
- Cut out habits that slow your productivity throughout the day. By avoiding certain websites, social media platforms and even your own cell phone, you’ll be amazed at how much more you can get done throughout the day. This means when it comes time for your manager to look into promotions and raises, you’ll stand out from your coworkers.
- Send more thank you notes and emails. This might seem like a minor thing, but it really can make a huge difference. Whether you’re trying to land a new client, interviewing for a new position or even just communicating with someone, taking the time to send a simple “thank you” is always appreciated.
- Declutter and organize your desk every Friday. When you come in on Monday and you haven't had your coffee yet, you won’t feel overwhelmed by the stacks of papers on your desk and you’ll have a clear idea of what task to start your day off with.
- Set realistic goals throughout the year. If you constantly have your sights set on a goal, you will always have something to work towards and feel a sense of purpose. Try setting goals with different deadlines. For example, one for the end of this month, one for three months, one for six months and one for the end of the year.
- Work in a place that you don't mind getting up and going to every day. Chances are, you spend a minimum of forty hours per week at your job, that’s almost a quarter of your life. Make sure you’re working in a place that not only supports you financially, but fulfills you mentally and emotionally. If you’re not working somewhere like this, check out our job board and let us help you find your dream job.
We hope these tips bring you success, happiness and productivity in 2019.
Happy New Year from Access Staffing!